Frequently Asked Questions
Gullivers Sports Travel's FAQs
1. Would we be able to do something a little different to one of your tours?
With the majority of our fully escorted tours you can tag any individual arrangements onto the beginning or the end of the itinerary but not both. Many of the airlines stipulate that you must travel at least one way with the group to qualify for the discounted group fare. There may be a charge from the airline to break the group itinerary. Alternatively, our Tailor-Made Department can make an independent itinerary from scratch for you.
2. We’ve got friends on the same supporters tour but in a different tour group – can we link up with them in the same hotels?
That’s normally not possible on our fully escorted tours as the ground content of the tour needs to be taken in its entirety if you want to travel with friends it’s best to book the same tour.
3. Can we fly with another airline rather than the one stated in the tour outline?
You can generally fly with the airline of your choice but need to be prepared to pay cancellation charges for the unused group seats which increases the closer you get to departure. It’s also worth noting that airport transfers are only provided for group flights so if you fly with a different airline then you must make your own transfer arrangements to/from the airport.
4. What’s the payment schedule for the tour?
It varies per tour but usually a deposit payment on booking, an interim payment half way through the booking period and the final balance approximately 12 weeks before you travel.
5. Is it possible to reduce the single supplement cost at all?
Yes by electing to share a room with a fellow supporter as part of our twin share scheme. We match you up with a supporter also looking to share and you can contact each other before the trip to start the ball rolling.
6. What types of clients (age/gender profile) do you have on your tours?
A very wide selection from single travellers (male and female), to groups of males travelling together, couples and families. All ages are represented and clients bond through their common love of the sport.
7. I’m travelling alone – do you have many other clients in the same position?
Yes we have plenty of male and female solo travellers so don’t let that put you off. You will be looked after by one of our experienced Tour Managers who will ensure that you have plenty of chance to socialise with the other members of the tour group.
8. I don’t want to go to the cricket/rugby matches with my husband/partner – do you have many other wives/partners travelling who feel the same?
Yes we have a number of wives/partners who choose not to go to the matches and we make the adjustment to your tour cost.
9. What sort of tour merchandise do you produce?
Generally, a travel bag/rucksack, travel guide, T-shirt, rugby/polo shirt, hat/cap.
10. Do you know which Tour Manager/Tour Hosts are accompanying the tours?
We usually decide which Tour Managers and Hosts will be travelling about three months beforehand.
If we still haven't answered one of your questions then please call us on 01684 293175 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Questions?Please call us now for further information on 01684 293175
or the button below. Contact us now!